To the north from the beautiful beaches of Mooloolaba and Alexandra Headland lies the Maroochydore. You can find some incredible beaches at the cotton tree which is located at the south end of the Maroochydore and to the north of Alexandra Headland.
- Maroochydore serves with a main surfing beach which is predictably the favorite of surfers. At the Cotton tree Esplanade, located opposite to the Maroochy River, a number of beaches which are sheltered are present which are quite famous with the families.
- Beautiful parkland, perfect for walks or picnics, endorses these beaches from the back! This gives a esthetical appeal to the place and enhance its divinity.
- Maroochydore is full of attractions, competitions and festivals that one can enjoy. It is also a home to a number of surf lifesaving events and surfing itself. Surfing along with jet skiing, boating and fishing are popular sports of the Maroochydore.
- A lot of accommodation options are there according to the different budgets and styles of people. There are riverfront and beachfront hotels, motels and apartments.
- A car can also be rented to explore the beautiful coast. A lot of options of exhilarating day trips are there, in which you can either visit the other beautiful costal resorts on sunshine coast or you can visit the magnificent sunshine coast hinterland.