|Overview || :
||Turin is a prominent city when it comes to technology and industry. It is the capital of the Piedmont region, located on the left bank of the Po River surrounded by the Alpine arch. The famous architect Le Corbusier defined Turin as "the city with the most beautiful natural location in the world". The city is surrounded with lush greenery, clear blue skies, scary land folds and awe inspiring landscapes. The perfect weather and numerous tourists attractions make it an excellent holiday destination.
|Tourist Attractions - Best Places to visit || :
||Turin's main attractions include important flamboyant palaces, churches, museums and busy streets. Some of the places voted out to be the best are :
→ Mole Antonelliana : - is a landmark building of Turin. The tower is 167.5-meter high and houses the best cinema and museum of Europe.
→ The National Cinema Museum : - symbolizes the rich culture of Turin.
→ Museo dell'Automobile : - is a home to some of the most gorgeous and eye-catching vehicles of 18th-century, carriages and sport cars.
→ Castello della Venaria Reale : - is a dream castle.
→ Castello di Rivoli : - is located in the east of Turin. It is the most important Contemporary Art Museum.
→ Galleria Subalpina : - is a pedestrian passage from Piazza Castello to Piazza Carlo Alberto.
→ Egyptian Museum : - Houses the most important collection of ancient Egyptian artifacts outside Cairo.
|Things to do || :
||Turin offers its tourists an endless list of things to do :
- Visit Superga by boarding a chain train from Sassi. Get inspired by the sparkling view of Turin from there.
- Leisurely walk from Porta Nuova Station to Piazza Castello through Piazza San Carlo to enjoy the natural sceneries of Turin.
- Take pleasure in walking with your dear ones, from Piazza Castello to Piazza Vittorio and further to the Gran Madre Church.
- Chill out at the cafes located around Piazza Castello.
|Local Transport || :
- Turin has an efficient and well developed system of connections with buses and trams.
- To tour the city you can hire a car from main car rental companies from Turin airport.
- Cycling is another good and convenient option for traveling around the beautiful city.
- Taxis are also available but are very expensive.
|Getting Around || :
||The city has an international airport known as Caselle International Airport Sandro Pertini (TRN), located the noth of the city. It is well connected by a railway service and a bus service. There are flights that connecting almost all European and Italian cities.
|Food || :
||When it comes to wonderful cuisines, Turin is the perfect place for it. The taste and variety of local dishes make this city Italy's food capital. but drinking is not considered as the tradition. Turin's specialties include Bagna caoda and Fritto misto etc. A range of cafes and restaurants queue up to present their Piedmont offerings to visitors. With such a wide and delectable variety of cuisine to savor, it's unlikely that anyone will be returning back an empty stomach.
|Activities || :
- Turin has a lively cultural life and cinemas, theaters and concert halls that attracts a huge crowd. The main cultural venue is the Teatro Regio.
- There are numerous ballet and dance performances at the Teatro Nuovo.
- You can also spend time by watching movies in cinemas like the Massimo, Via Montebello and many more etc.
- Plays can also be seen at Alfa Teatro.
|Shopping || :
||Turin is an average city for shopping, with less number of expensive brand shops and designer stores. But still there are plenty of small shops, offering you some of the best items like :
→ Via Garibaldi : - is a pedestrian shopping zone lying between Piazza Castello and Piazza Statuto.
→ Via Roma : - here you will find upscale brands like Hermes and Dolce & Gabbana etc.
→ Porta Palazzo : - in Piazza della Republica is a one of the largest open air markets in Europe.
|Population || :
||The total population estimated in 2008 was 909,193.
|Languages || :
|Currency || :
|Fast Facts || :
|State || :
||Province of Turin
|Country || :
||Turin is part of Italy.
|Area || :
||130.2 km sq
|Region || :
|Geographic Coordination || :
|Climate and Weather || :
||Turin has a continental type of climate. Winters are cold and dry but summers are mild. Rain falls occurs mostly during spring and autumn time.
|Best time to visit || :
||Summer is the best time to visit.