- Clients are requested to send at least 50% of the total cost of a tour in order to guarantee the reservation into our bank account as directed by our salesman.When to book your Safaris
- It is better to book as far in advance as possible to ensure availability of rooms and other services at the time you wish to travel, especially during the peak seasons (July & August and Christmas time).
This is especially important for those wishing to travel on private custom safaris and those adding extensions to the scheduled trips.
- When the cancellation is done in a period of over 60 days of the safari/tour, the payment will be refunded minus the Bank/ transfer fee.
- When the cancellation is done in a period between 30 days and 60 days of the safari/tour, 50% of the payment will be refunded.
- When the cancellation is done in a period between 14-29 days of the safari/tour, 25% of the payment will be refunded.
- When the cancellation is made in a period of less than 14 days to the safari/tour date, then the payment is NON-REFUNDABLE.
REVISIONS and CHANGES
- A fee of USD 150 per booking for each change on revisions made 45 days prior. 44 days or less, cancellation fees above apply.
- The company will exercise utmost care in handling its guests and their property, but will not be responsible for loss or damage to personal belongings or personal injury.Transportation
- The Company may, at its discretion, use Land Cruiser, Land Rover, Min-buses or any other suitable transport subject to weather and other condition (a request for a specific type of vehicle will be considered).
- The company reserves the right to employ the service of subcontractors. English/French, Spanish or any other language driver guides are provided.Price Lists
- Price quotations are inclusive of hotel or lodge accommodation charges, meals, park fees, driver guides and his expenses. Quotations do not include hotel expenses prior to and at the termination of the tour, alcoholic drinks, tips or any other item not mentioned in the quotation.
Mode of Payment
- We only accept payments through wire transfer or Cash in USD, All advance payment should be done by money transfer into our bank account as directed by our salesman.
Credit Cards as mode of Payment
- We don’t have facilities to process Visa or MasterCard for your safari deposit/balance payments. The balance is to be paid 3 weeks before arrival.
All payment should be done by money transfer into our bank account as directed by our salesman.
- Major foreign currencies – particularly US$
or Euro – and travellers cheques are accepted and are convertible at banks and bureau de changes in the main town and tourist areas Euros are also widely used and have good rates. Credit cards are not widely accepted and carry poor exchange rates.
- Most of Banks offer ATM facilities. Banks in major town and Cities have introduced now ATM facilities at a better rates at least but keep in mind the exchange rates and or service charge will make you loose some money. Most of Card are accepted although with deferent banks. VISA is accepted by most of the Banks. Visitors may be expected to pay in foreign currency for game parks.
- Don’t change money in the street.
Prices for mountain climbing include entry fees, meals, transport to and from mountain gate, hut fees/camping fees and equipment – tents, foam mattress, mess tent, table and chairs, Wash room facilities, rescue fees, porters, cook and guides.
- It does not include items for wearing e.g. clothes, boots, climbing sticks, socks, goggles etc. See more on climbing gear.INSURANCE AND RESPONSIBILITY
- Everyone is responsible for personal travel insurance, if already you have one. Please check whether it applies for Africa.
- Mawere Tours and Safaris ltd and associated companies act only as agents of the clients in all matters relating to hotel accommodation, tours, transport and shall not be liable for injury, delay, loss or damage in any manner.
- The company is likewise not responsible for theft or loss of baggage. Please baggage insurance is therefore recommended.ALTERATION TO TOURS
- The company reserves the right to alter arrangements or cancel the operation of a scheduled tour should conditions necessitate.
- It also reserves the right to decline to accept or retain any person as a member of any tour at anytime, in which case an equitable amount will be refunded.LIABILITY
- The company and its agents act only as an agents of the tours, transport, etc and shall not be liable for injury, delays, loss, or damage in any manner.
- The company’s liability to passengers carried in its own vehicle is governed by the lows of the country in which the tour takes place and no other country.
- All claims are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the country in which the actions arises.
- The company reserves the right to employ sub-contractors for all or part of the service. The company shall not be held responsible for loss or damages to baggage.ACCOMMODATION
- Based on two persons sharing a twin room/tent. Where possible rooms with private bath are requested. Single rooms are available at and additional cost but can not be guaranteed. Hotel/Lodge/campsite are named as an indication of category and rooms may be reserved at similar hotel/lodge. Avoid changes for hotel for doing pre-booking to reserve the room.
We also provide basic camping safaris and numbers of days will be the same as staying in lodges. Prices for camping safaris include: Park fees, meals, cook, driver, camping gear and transport. Prices for camping safaris per trip will depend on the number of people. Maximum is five people in a 4 WD vehicle. We prefer every client to sit on a window seat. We can arrange for extended car that give all our clients a chance to the window. Your wish is our commitment.