Our representative will receive you at Howrah/Sealdah/Kolkata Railway Station Or Kolkata Airport(CCU) and will escort to Santiniketan, he will also assist you to do hotel check-in formalities. After check-in and little relax enjoy the evening in Santiniketan.
Santiniketan is a small town near Bolpur in the Birbhum district of West Bengal, India, and approximately 180 kilometres north of Kolkata (formerly Calcutta).
It was made famous by Nobel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore, whose vision became what is now a university town ( Visva-Bharati University ) that attracts thousands of visitors each year.
Shantiniketan is a tourist attraction also because Rabindranath lived here and penned many of his literary classics (namely Tagore songs, poems, novels etc.) and his home is a place of historical importance.
Shantiniketan was earlier called Bhubandanga (named after Bhuban Dakat, a local dacoit), and was owned by the Tagore family. In 1862, Maharshi Devendranath Tagore, while on a boat journey to Raipur, came across a landscape with red soil and meadows of lush green paddy fields. Rows of chhatim trees and date palms charmed him. He stopped to look, decided to plant more saplings and built a small house. He called his home Santiniketan (abode of peace). Santiniketan became a spiritual centre where people from all religions were invited to join for meditation and prayers. He founded an 'Ashram' here in 1863 and became the initiator of the Brahmo Samaj.
Later on December 22nd 1901, Devendranath's son, Rabindranath Tagore started a school at Santiniketan named Brahmachary Asrama modelled on the lines of the ancient gurukul system. After he received the Nobel Prize which enhanced not only the pride of India but also the Prestige of Santiniketan the school was expanded into a university. It was renamed Visva Bharati, it's symbolic meaning being defined by Tagore as "where the world makes a home in a nest". The aim of this educational institute was the quest for truth, blending the methods of learning of the East and West. Visva Bharati, now more than a hundred years old, is one of the most prestigious universities of India with degree courses in humanities, social science, science, fine arts, music, performing arts, education, agricultural science and rural reconstruction. At Tagore's behest, the annual Paus utsav became an important cultural event where students and teachers of his school took an active part. Paus Mela, therefore, becomes a meeting ground for urban people and rural folk. Rural artisans bring their wares like batik printed materials, the most famous Santiniketan Leather bags, earthen wares, paintings, etc, to the fair while urban relatives set up stalls so that rural people could buy the new industrially produced goods that was revolutionizing life in the cities. While it has not discarded its traditional value systems the educational system founded by Tagore thus proves to have also kept pace and evolved with changing times.
Apart from Visva Bharati the Bengal Institute of Technology and Management (BITM) is also located in Santiniketan - a place you wouldn't readily associate with an engineering college. Even the surroundings are very different from, say, a BE College or a Jadavpur University. Situated in the midst of paddy fields along the Sriniketan bypass, seven kilometres from Bolpur, the BITM Santiniketan campus looks desolate and there's hardly any transport connecting the college to the nearest town. But once you enter BITM, it's a different world. You are greeted by huge buildings, gardens, canteens, laboratories and playgrounds that dot the 60-acre campus.
Altough the main attraction of this place remains because of its association with Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore (1861-1941), one of Bengal's greatest figures, of course the natural charm of Santiniketan is a major draw in itself.
After breakfast check out from the hotel full day visit the beauty of Santiniketan. In the evening we will start our journey to Bishnupur & over night stay at hotel.
After breakfast full day sightseeing Heritage Temples of Bishnupur, Terracotta Work, Museum, Music College,Famous Baluchari Saree Showroom.
Bishnupur is a town and a municipality in Bankura District in the state of West Bengal, India. It is famous for its terracotta temples and the balucheri sarees.
Bishnupur was ruled under the Gupta period by local Hindu kings who paid tribute to Samudra Gupta. Following a long period of obscurity, where the land oscillated between being a minor independent principality and a vassal state . The land is also called Mallabhum after the Malla rulers of this place. The Malla rulers were Vaishnavites and built the famous terracotta temples during the 17th and 18th century at this place. The terracotta temples here are the best specimen of the classical style of Bengal architecture. The legends of Bipodtarini Devi are associated with Malla Kings of Bishnupur.
Bishnupur (the distance from Kolkata is 132 km), now the headquarters of the subdivision of the same name in Bankura district, is a seat of crafts and culture.
For almost a thousand years it was the capital of the Malla kings of Mallabhum, of which Bankura was a part, till their power waned during the times when Mughal Empire weakened under the last monarchs of the dynasty.
The patronage of Malla king Veer Hambir and his successors Raja Raghunath Singha Dev and Bir Singha Dev made Bishnupur one of the principal centres of culture in Bengal.Most of the exquisite terracotta temples for which town is justly famous were built during this period.
Mrinmoyee tample of kings is treated as a valuable historic place.
Apart from the unique architecture of the period, Bishnupur is also famous for its terracotta craft and its own Baluchari sarees made of tussar silk.
Royal patronage also gave rise to Bishnupur Gharana (school) of Hindustani classical music in late 18th-century and the Bishnupur school of painting.
In early morning we will start our journey for sightseeing of Joyrambati & Kamapukur.
Birth Place of Sri Ramakrishna and Devi Sarada.
In the evening return to Bishnupur and over night stay at hotel.
In morning we will start our journey for sightseeing of Mukutmonipur & Susunia.
Mukutmonipur - a giant water dam reservoir and the second biggest earth dam of India. The place is very famous for its superb natural beauty.
Susunia - It is known for its holy spring, its natural beauty, its rich flora and the rock faces on which many of the famous mountaineers of this region started their journey. It is one of the rich reserves of medicinal plants.
In the evening return to Bishnupur and over night stay at hotel.
Check out and pick up from the hotel and transfer to Howrah/Sealdah/Kolkata Railway Station Or Kolkata Airport(CCU) for your onward journey, carrying wonderful memories.
1. Confitech Tour & Travels Private Limited is sole authority for making any decision related to the tour.
2. Confitech Tours & Travels Private Limited shall have the right to reject any application without showing any reason. In case of acceptance of the application Confitech Tours & Travels Private Limited will issue Acknowledge Slip against every payment.
3. Confitech Tours & Travels Private Limited reserves all the rights of addition and alternation of Terms and Conditions without any prior intimation.
4. In case of failure to participate the prescheduled packaged tour or intend to cancel the booking immediately after the booking by the applicant, Confitech Tours & Travels Private Limited will not refund the booking amount. In this case, the decision of Confitech Tours & Travels Private Limited has to be considered as final.
5.The tour is not transferable once taken to any other person. The company may consider these on special circumstances.
6.Passport and Visa has to be arranged by the applicant to avail the international tour.
7.In case if the applicant wish to stay alone in a room, will have to pay the different amount which may vary minimum Rs. 2000/- per day to maximum.
8.The applicant will get room on twin/family sharing basis that is if the applicant is going alone, room will be shared by someone else travelling during same time he can be from Confitech Tours & Travels Private Limited. Also or from some other scheme that is run by other parties.
9. Applicants are requested to carry 2 photo copies (Xerox) of any Photo ID proof (Except Pan Card) i.e.Passport / Driving License / Voter's ID along with them. Also submit a copy of the same at the time of booking. Children / Students are requested to carry 2 photo copy (Xerox) of school or College Photo Identity card along with them. Also submit a copy of the same at the time of booking. For Infants carry 2 passport size photographs
10. Applicants have to bear their collie charges, guide charges etc.
11. For train journey, seats availability are completely depends on Indian Railway. Company is not liable to allot any particular berth. For airlines journey, the choice of booking is completely depends on us if the company have to arrange the flight on behalf of the members.
12. If any tour is cancelled or change timeing due to climate conditions, strike, train, bus & flight cancellation or any other circumstances, the company is not liable for that.
13. The company will not undertake any liabilities towards any loss or damages of Life & Luggage’s, caused by any accident, theft, robbery or any other incidents during the tour.
14. After booking, the company will take 30 days to allot the tour. It depends on hotel availability. The Company will offer few journey dates every month, applicants has to choose from them.
15. Name & Standard of the hotels or resorts may be changed from time to time depending on the availability of rooms.
16. Menu for Food and Room Service is depend on hotels or resorts.
17. Cheques / Demand Drafts are to be drawn in favour of ‘Confitech Tours & Travels Pvt. Ltd.’
18. Tour Packages are subject to availability. Package rate may differ from time to time.
19. Confitech Tours & Travels Private Limited may cancel or alter the tour packages without showing any reason at any time.
20. The Company is not offering any Travel Insurance with the tours.
21. In case of disputes, if any, are subject to jurisdiction of courts at Bishnupur.
Refund & Cancellation Pplicy
Confitech Tour & Travels Private Limited believe in helping its customers as far as possible, and has therefore a liberal cancellation
Customers are requested to provide correct information, in case of wrong information provided (even if by mistake) and if there arises any issues/dispute due to the same, Confitech Tour & Travels Private Limited will not entertain those and the client has to bear the problems/fine/extra expenses arises due to the same.
Confitech Tours & Travels Pvt. Ltd.
Bailapara, Rabindra Statue, Bishnupur, Bankura, Bishnupur, West Bengal, India - 722122
Bishnupur Tour Package - 3 D / 2 N
Bishnupur - Joyrambati - Kamarpukur - Mukutmonipur - Susunia
Sundarban Tour Package - 3 D / 2 N
Sundarban - Kolkata
Best of Shimla & Manali Tour - 6 D / 5 N
Shimla - Kufri - Kullu - Manikaran - Rohtang Pass - Solang Valley - Manali
Best of Andaman Tour - 6 D / 5 N
Samudrika Museum - Chatham Saw Mill - Fisheries Museum - Cellular Jail - Ross Island - North Bay - Havelock Island - Neil Island And Baratang Islands
Best of Sikkim Tour - 6 D / 5 N
Gangtok - Tsomgo Lake & Baba Mandir - Lachung - Yumthang Valley - Pelling
Heritage of India Tour - 5 D / 4 N
Delhi - Mathura - Vrindavan - Agra - Fatehpur Sikri
Best of Kerala Tour - 8 D / 7 N
Cochin - Munnar - Thekkady - Kumarakom - Alleppey - Kovalam - Trivandrum - Kanyakumari
Fabulous Andaman Tour - 7 D / 6 N
Port Blair - North Bay - Ross Island - Havelock - Radhanagar Beach - Neil Island - Jollybouy Island - Baratang Island