Rizal Park is a historical urban park. It is reckoned as the Asia’s largest urban park and also called Luneta Park. The park is situated along Roxas Boulevard, City of Manila, Philippines. It can be located adjacent to Intramuros. The park is visited by many on weekends and national holidays.
The land on which the park is straddled was the location of a town called Nuevo Barrio. During 1762 to 1764, the town was ruined by British, and the location came to be known as Bagumbayan Field. In 1995, Luneta was declared a national park after President Ramon Magsaysay signed Proclamation No. 234.
· Northeastern Section: It includes the 16-hectare (40-acre) Teodora F. Valencia Circle adjoining Taft Avenue.
· Central Section: It is a 22-hectare (54-acre) park and extends down to Roxas Boulevard.
· Southwestern Section: It comprises of Burnham Green, a 10-hectare (25-acre) open field, Manila Ocean Park along Manila Bay and the Quirino Grandstand.
Recent Events in Park
· In January 18 2015, the largest papal gathering was held here.
· The Million People March was organized in the park in August 22–26, 2013.
· Pentecostal Missionary Church of Christ (4th Watch) organized International Missionary Day at Quirino Grandstand in January 17, 2010 in the park.
Philippines - Manila Tour | 7 Days / 6 Nights
A Short and Sweet Getaway to Manila Tour | 4 Days / 3 Nights
Philippines - Manila | 7 Days / 6 Nights
Philippines - 6 Nights / 7 Days Tour | 7 Days / 6 Nights
Manila - Bohol - Cebu
Discover Philippines Tour | 7 Days / 6 Nights
Manila - Cebu
Best of Philippines Manila Boracay Cebu .. | 7 Days / 6 Nights
Boracay Island Holiday Tour Package | 4 Days / 3 Nights
European Scenic And Shopping Tour | 16 Days / 15 Nights
Manila - Rome - Pisa - Venice - Milan - Mendrisio - Lucerne - Vaduz - Innsbruck - Salzburg - Vienna - Reims - ...
3 Days 2 Night Boracay Travel Package | 3 Days / 2 Nights
Add Your Travel Story
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.