√ Aquatic Sports : - If you are an aquatic sports lover, or like practicing sports in the sea, come spend your vacations in Tavira. The Isla de Tarifa Beach is a good place to practice sports such as kitesurf, windsurf, and surf.
√ Cultural Spots : - Tavira has lots of cultural spots to check out. You can make a cultural tour, seeing the different temples, monuments, churches, and ruins of this place, a perfect choice for culture and history lovers interested in the patrimonial history of the south of Portugal.
√ Visit the Ria Formosa Natural Park : - This park has almost 20,000 hectares that are spread out in the municipalities of Olhao, Tavira, and Faro. These municipalities are an ecological treasure of incalculable value, as they assist migratory birds, sand dune parks, diverse fauna and flora.
√ Island of Tavira : - The Island of Tavira is an ideal place to visit, and is located 5 minutes outside the town. It is an extensive beach, with a medium occupancy level, but due to its size, it gives you the sensation of being alone in paradise.
1. Castro dos Mouros : - it is a beautiful castle surrounded with pretty garden and is privately owned but can be visited. The castle is purely of the Roman style. It has beautiful sceneries, tall walls and carved gates. Igreja Santa Maria do Castelo: is a place in Castro dos Mouros only which has a beautifully carved tomb of gothic architecture.
2. Igreja da Misericórdia : - In spite of the rebuilding done after the 1755 earthquake the church is one of the best examples of Renaissance religious architecture in the Algarve.
3. Igreja do Carmo : - it is located on the north side of the town and boasts of some splendid choir stalls.
4. Ilha de Tavira : - is located offshore to Tavira. It has a beach several miles long and flat dunes.
5. Ponte : - is the only bridge that is seven arched. It lies north of the Praça da República. It is of Roman origin and a place worth visiting.
6. Praca da Republica (Praca da República) : - The center of Tavira is the Praça da República. To the east of this place lies the municipal park and and to its southeast stands the town's covered market, with street cafes all around.
The climate in the Algarve region of Portugal is mild, with little rainfall and plenty of sun throughout the year, making it an ideal year-round desti...