is known for its historical and cultural attractions. Its capital is Bloemfontein which is also South Africa's judicial capital. Free State
offers a wealth of wildlife which includes its major provincial reserve Willem Pretorius Game Reserve. The wilderness offers excellent fishing conditions, and a wide range of sports. The weather is typical with hot summers, chilly winters and sunshine throughout the year. In spring the hue of countryside is green with blue skies and predominantly prairie-like scenery, accented only by the odd hill and the Eastern Highland. The people of Free State
open their doors to visitors, providing excellent opportunities to enjoy their friendly hospitality.
|Tourist Attractions - Best Places to Visit || :
||The major Tourist's Attractions in Free State are : -
- The Golden Gate Highlands National Park : - It is located in the north-eastern part at the foot hills of Maluti Mountains, this place is major attraction for the tourists. The brilliant shades of gold cast by the sun on the spectacular sandstone cliffs makes one woder of its beauty.
- Free State National Botanical Garden : - This place introduces you to the rich flora of Free State. It has some of the magnificent examples of wild olive, orange trees, tall grasses etc.
- National Museum Bloemfontein : - has the rarest collection of the fossils, cultural historical exhibits and archaeological displays.
- Vredefort Dome : - It is the oldest and largest meteorite impact site.
- Basotho Cultural Village : - Nestles at the foot of huge sandstone mountains, will give you a deeper insight into the lifestyle of the people living in Free State.
- Sterkfontein Dam Reserve : - It is a rugged and steep sloppy area covered with lush green grass and wild vegetables.
- Gariep Dam Nature Reserve : - It is the Free State's largest nature reserve.
|Area || :
||The total geographical area is 129,480 Km2.
|Population || :
||The total population of Free State is 2,965,600.
|Country || :
|Currency || :
||The currency used here is Rand.
|Region || :
||The Free State lies in the heart of the Karoo region.
|Geographic Coordination || :
29.00° & 24.00°'E.