Madrid boasts of great cultural and historical background that makes it a favorable tourist destination. The origin of this grand metropolis is traced back from the times of Arab Emir Mohamed I (852-886). Since then, Madrid has witnessed the rule of various empires and even dictatorship, which is outlined in different ages namely :
- Muslim Madrid (9th - 11th centuries).
- Early Christians (11th - 16th centuries).
- The Spanish Golden Age (late 16th - 17th centuries).
- Bourbon Expansion (18th - early 19th centuries).
- Instability, Civil War & Dictatorship (19th century - 1975).
- Modern Madrid (1975-till now).
Best Travel Packages in MadridView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.