Full day trips for rafting in California are offered on the South fork, Middle fork and North fork of the American River aside from Truckee River, Trinity River and the Upper Sacramento River. Full-Day Rafting in California is suitable for both family and kids. The wildest whitewater rafting in California includes trips on the Upper Klamath River, Cal Salmon, Scott River, Upper Sacramento River, Smith River and Burnt Ranch Gorge. Northern California also offers some of the best California rafting trips for families on the Lower Klamath River and Main Trinity River. A Rafting trip in California brings together all the elements of an unforgettable river rafting adventure, stunning scenery, thrilling rapids, sun, solitude and relaxation. Some of the popular water bodies in California that are popular for family rafting trips are as follows-
- Rafting on the South Fork of the American River near Sacramento, you can enjoy the classic California whitewater with crisp, clear, refreshing water flowing over spectacular granite rocks and boulders.
- Rafting on the remote and picturesque Lower Klamath River in Northern California near the Oregon border makes for the perfect family rafting adventure for those with young children.
- The Tuolumne River cascades through a spectacularly elemental and attractive river canyon offering a true outdoor adventure experience for people who want to indulge in thrilling water sports.
- Whitewater rafting in the Middle Fork of the American River will let you experience the most extraordinary rapid of your life-the Tunnel Chute.
- Merced River is well-known for its exciting rollercoaster wave trains.
- The North Fork of the American River in California offers aquamarine waters, gigantic rock walls, impressive array of spring wildflowers and some of the most challenging white water rapids in the American River System.
The rafting trips to these places calls for a complete day of full sports and adventure. It is one of the most exciting water sports and can be enjoyed equally by beginners, experienced individuals, families with small children etc.
Top Things To Do In CaliforniaView All
Best Travel Packages in CaliforniaView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.