When you go for a trip, the most important part of it is your stay in a hotel. If you go on a vacation for more than one day, you need a place for staying and you can find nothing other than a hotel. But to make your stay in a hotel to be a smooth one, you need to make quite a lot of efforts.
Beginning, if you have booked the hotel online, just follow these steps to avoid problems and have a pleasant stay.
- Print out your confirmation and receipt (if prepaid) and take these with you to your hotel.
- At some point during your travels, you may need to prove that you made a reservation that somehow became "lost" in a computer system.
- Soon after booking online, call your hotel or resort and confirm that it received your reservation and that all is well.
- Give your hotel any special requests you may have, such as a nonsmoking room or king bed. You are never absolutely guaranteed these, but it helps to request (or reconfirm) these directly with your hotel in advance of arrival.
- The more in advance you make these requests, the more likely they will be honored.
However, wait until check in to ask for any free upgrades. Ask the hotel for parking costs, if traveling to a large city. Parking rates can be astronomically high, and cheaper rates may be in unsafe areas.