The enchanting natural landscape and perfect climate of Bordeaux provides an excellent opportunity to enjoy a wide selection of active outdoor activities. The city is an ideal place to take interest in various nautical sports like sailing, water-skiing, scuba-diving, surfing etc.
If not water sports then you can also go for hang-gliding, balloon trips, Micro lights, gliders or parachuting. Since the city has flat terrain so you can indulge in horse riding cycling, walking, golf and so on.Best Places to visit :
Easily one of France’s most beautiful and interesting cities, Bordeaux’s has numerous hangouts for tourists and locals. Some of them are :
- Bordeaux's Golden Triangle : - is formed by the roads cours de l’Intendance, cours Georges Clemenceau and allées de Tourny. Here you have endless shopping opportunities and eating outlets.
- Basilique Saint Seurin : - is Bordeaux's most elegant and oldest church.
- Le Grand Théâtre : - is a premier example of neo-classical architecture and has many statues and intricate carvings.
- Basilique Saint Michel : - is the tallest ancient monument in southwest France and the second highest in France.
- Le Palais Rohan : - has served as the city hall although it was originally constructed as the home of an archbishop.
mainly Catholic, with remainder including Protestants and Muslims