|Overview || :
||Trento is an ideal spot for lovers of natural beauty. It is the capital city of the province of Trentino. It is a lovely place just two hours from the Austrian border. The town is surrounded by beautiful mountains and lakes which provide spectacular sights. Trento is able to surprise as it always presents itself in a new form, at the same time maintains a close link with tradition. It is culturally Italian with a hint of Austrian influence. Trento is a place where you can find a mix of history, art, architecture, gastronomy, fashion and natural beauty.
|Tourist Attractions - Best Places to visit || :
||Trento offers its visitors a rich historic and artistic heritage, which can be discovered by a walk through the streets of the historical centers, museums and monuments. Some of the places worth exploring Trento are :
Some of the other tourists attractions are :
- Povo : - is the place that nestles in mountains and provides peace and tranquility to the soul.
- Piazza del Duomo : - is the heart of the town and the favorite spot for the tourists. It is a steep roofed building, with frescoes on the walls, perfect example of medieval architecture. The fountain of Neptune adds more to the beauty of this square.
- Monte Boldone : - a place surely not to be missed.
- Palazzo Geremia Trento : - is a cathedral of Roman-Gothic architecture. Palazzo Geremia, with its frescoed facade is one of the city's most beautiful buildings.
- Museum of Natural Science Trento : - is composed of fossil-rich marble, mined from the surrounding Alps. It will make you feel as if you are in Jurassic Park.
- Giardino Pubblico
- Mausoleum of Cesare Battisti
- Palazzo Municipale
- Santa Maria Maggiore.
|Things to do || :
||The city has abundant to give its enthusiastic visitors. There are many historical and archeological sites that will leave you spell bound. There are many museums inside the city that will take you back in time. Visit the Cathedral's palaeochristian Basilica, Castello del Buonconsiglio church etc.
|Food || :
||Trento offers you a variety of restaurants, serving the best at reasonable prices. If you want to munch street food then Osteria Piedicastello is the best place.
Trento is famous for its local wines like the Teroldego wine. There are numerous bars that sell wines of finest quality.
|Shopping || :
||Trento doesn't have much to offer when it comes to shopping as you will hardly find up class markets and designer boutiques. But surely you can buy antiques, local handicrafts, wines etc.
|Activities || :
||During the summers in Trento, you can go hiking, fishing, mountain bike, cycling, trekking, free climbing, rafting etc. In the winter it turns into a paradise for ski lovers and winter sports. You can enjoy snow board, skiing, ice skating, hokey, etc at that time.
|Local Transport || :
||The best way to travel around inside the city is by feet. The city center is perfect for a long walk with your family. The beautiful mountains surrounding Trento can be reached easily using public mode of transportation like the buses, trains, taxis etc.
|Getting Around || :
||There are regular trains that connect Trento's main train station with Verona, Venice, Bologna and Bolzano. There are welll developed highways and expressways if you want to reach Trento by road. Last but not the least, reaching Trento by air is the most convinient option.
|Fast Facts || :
|State || :
|Country || :
|Area || :
|Population || :
||Population estimated in 2007 is 112,637.
|Languages || :
|Currency || :
|Region || :
|Geographic Coordination || :
|Climate and Weather || :
||The climate is typical of an Alpine region. The summers are warm and winters are mild.
|Best time to visit || :
||Summer is the best time to visit.