Mizoram State Museum is a remarkable tourist attraction I the city of Aizawl. It is a great place for gaining knowledge about the tribes of Mizoram. It was built after India gained its independence from the British. It was built in April 1977 with a purpose of boosting the tourism in the region. Presently, it is visited on a huge scale by the locals as well as tourists from nearby states.
It Is Known For:-
1) Mizoram State Museum is known for its charm. It is a place that never disappoints its visitors.
2) It houses various galleries that exhibit the amazing artwork and textiles that are related to the Mizo Tribe of the state.
3) There are over 2,000 items that are displayed in the galleries of this museum. These items display the ancient belongings that indicate towards the inhabitance of the earliest tribal people in Mizoram.
4) One can witness the items like the hunting weaponry, monolithic structures, clothes, animal horns, baskets etc.
5) The history galley narrates the tales of the chieftains of the Mizo tribe, how he’s chosen, his work tenure etc.
Best Time to Visit:-
Mizoram State Museum has never disappointed the visitors that have visited this place. Throughout the year, it welcomes tourists on a large scale. Any season of the year is regarded as appropriate for visiting the place.
The entry to the museum is paid for all age groups. There are separate charges for adults and children. The discount can be availed by the school students carrying their identity cards. The senior citizens can enter the museum premises without any cost.
Mizoram State Museum has a well-established network of roadways and railways. The local buses and taxis are also available in plenty for reaching this museum comfortably.
Nearest Railway Station:- Silchar Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Lengpui Airport
Top Things To Do In AizawlView All
Best Travel Packages in AizawlView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.