A commendable architectural marvel in the city of Indore is known by the name of Kanch Mandir. It is a historical Jain monument that is built using the white stone marble. It resembles a mansion built in the Rajasthani style of architecture and never fails to impress the onlookers. It has lavishing interiors that are simply jaw-dropping. Spending a couple of hours at Kanch Mandir is worth a million dollars because it gives an insight into the skillful architectural skills of the bygone times.
It Is Known For:-
1) Kanch Mandir was built in the year 1903 by a wealthy Jain merchant known by the name of Seth Hukumchand Jain.
2) He built Shish Mahal and Kanch Mandir adjacent to each other. Utilizing his own funds, he chose the best raw material for the construction of both monuments.
3) Kanch Mandir has the interiors that are made up of glass. It includes the roof panels, wall panels, and floor panels.
4) To give a medieval touch, several workers from Jaipur and some from Iran were hired.
5) Their combined efforts resulted in a beautiful outcome.
6) All Jain festivals, including Swarna Dashmi, are celebrated here.
Best Time To Visit:-
Kanch Mandir is a famous shrine that catches the attention of visitors on a huge scale. This famous monument welcomes the tourists throughout the year that means it can be visited during any season of the year.
Due to a well-established network of the roadways and railways in Indore, commuting within the city has become feasible. To reach Kanch Mandir comfortably, one can hire the service of the local transit.
Nearest Railway Station:- Indore Junction
Nearest Airport:- Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar Airport
Top Things To Do In IndoreView All
Best Travel Packages in IndoreView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.