Khajrana Ganesha Temple doesn’t require a formal introduction. It is a renowned Hindu pilgrimage site in Indore city. It is an ancient shrine that was built in the mid-seventeenth century under the reign of Rani Ahilya Bai Holkar. In the initial years, this temple was entirely different from its first structure as it developed with the time. Presently, it stands among the richest shrines in India.
It Is Known For:-
1) Khajrana Ganesha Temple is an ancient temple located in the city of Indore.
2) Enshrining Lord Ganesha, this temple is said to be a miraculous pilgrim site. It is said that it blesses the childless couple with a child.
3) The idol of Lord Ganesha was drawn from a well as it was thrown into the well to protect it from Aurangzeb.
4) The sanctum houses a beautiful idol of Lord Ganesha that is bejeweled with the precious stones. The eyes of the idol are made up of diamond that was donated by a wealthy businessman from Indore.
5) Ganesha Chaturthi is a famous festival that is observed and celebrated here.
Best Time To Visit:-
Khajrana Ganesha Temple attracts countless visitors. Not only from Indore but this temple is visited by the devotees from other parts of Madhya Pradesh as well. It can be visited throughout the year in any season.
Khajrana locale has a wider network of the roadways and railways. The vast connectivity of the roadways and frequent service of the local transit makes it convenient for all to commute to & from the shrine easily.
Nearest Railway Station:- Indore Junction
Nearest Airport:- Rani Ahilya Bai Airport
Top Things To Do In IndoreView All
Best Travel Packages in IndoreView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.