Sadashivgad Hill Fort is a renowned tourist attraction in the Indian state of Karnataka. This historical fort lies in the city of Karwar and draws millions of tourists throughout the year. It stands on a 200-feet-high hillock and overlooks the entire city of Karwar. This fort was built in the year 1715 by Basavalingaraj, a ruler of the region of Sonda. The fort represents a beautiful South-Indian style of architecture and is named after his deceased father, Raja Sadashiv.
It Is Known For:-
1) Sadashivgad Hill Fort is a remarkable example of the amazing South Indian style of architecture. The citadel is a must-see landmark in the city as it has a lot of tales to narrate to its visitors.
2) In the previous times, this fort had served as the ruling seat for the various powers like the Portuguese, Mughals, and Marathas.
3) During the rule of the Portuguese, it was known by the name of Forte De Piro because of a grave of an unknown Sufi saint present there.
4) Atop the fort, one can still witness the balcony where the cannons were kept.
5) From the top of the hill, one can see the panoramic view of the enormous Arabian Sea.
Best Time To Visit:-
Sadashivgad Hill Fort is a place that is flocked by the locals and tourists alike. Despite being a remnant today, this monument never fails to attract the visitors extensively. The best time to visit this hill fort is between October-March. A pleasant weather makes it feasible for the visitors to explore the monument.
Karwar city is well-connected to all major roads and railheads in Karnataka. This place can be reached easily by hiring the service of the local transit like the bus, train, taxi, or auto.
Nearest Railway Station:- Karwar Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Dabolim Airport
Top Things To Do In KarwarView All
Best Travel Packages in KarwarView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.