Without paying a visit to the Elephant Stables, a trip to Hampi remains incomplete. It is a monument that was constructed in the 15th century and was a home to the royal elephants of the kingdom of Vijayanagara. This vast structure stands outside the astounding enclosure of Zenana monument. Elephant Stables is one of the least devastated monuments in Hampi and attracts the locals and tourists on an extensive scale.
It Is Known For:-
1) Elephant Stables is known for its jaw-dropping architecture. Despite being a monument of the 15th century, it has not lost the charm of catching the sight of people.
2) These stables are one among some noted buildings that stand in the Indo-Islamic style of architecture in Vijayanagara.
3) This monument is a rectangular building that is interconnected from inside. Each stable has a tantalizing dome and is commodious enough to accommodate two tuskers at a time.
4) The back side of each dome has a passage that is said to be the entry/exit gate for mahouts.
5) Excluding the central dome that depicts the appealing artwork and the Vijayanagara style of architecture, the rest of domes are built in the Islamic style of architecture.
6) Every dome is carved beautifully on the ceilings.
Best Time To Visit:-
The Elephant Stables is one of the key historical attractions in Hampi. This royal ancient home for the tuskers never ceases a chance to turn heads. It can be visited throughout the year but the best time to make the visit memorable is between October-March. It is the apt season that allows the visitors to explore the site without any inconvenience.
Being a popular attraction, this place remains flooded by the tourists, especially foreign national on weekends. If you’re not habitual to the crowd then make sure your trip is planned during weekdays.
All major highways, railheads, and airways connect Hampi with the rest of Karnataka. Visitors can prefer any mode of visiting the site easily. The local transit like the buses, taxis, and autos operate within the city for a smoother commute from different places.
Nearest Railway Station:- Hospet Junction
Nearest Airport:- Hubli Junction
Top Things To Do In HampiView All
Best Travel Packages in HampiView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.