Mahanavami Dibba, also known by the name of Dasara Dibba, is a stone platform in Hampi. It counted among the must-see destinations in Hampi. Dasara Dibba is a raised stone platform that was constructed during the reign of King Krishna Deva Raya. He built Mahanavami Dibba to commemorate his victory over Udaygiri. This raised platform is carved beautifully with the sculptures of the different animals like the horse, lion, elephant, monkey etc. Despite being in a ruined state, Mahanavami Dibba never fails to draw visitors on a huge scale.
It Is Known For:-
1) Mahanavami Dibba is a 12-meter-high stone platform that reflects the alluring Vijayanagar style of architecture.
2) There’re 2 staircases to climb this platform. One is in the front and the other stands at the back. All stairs are carved out of the single rock.
3) The base of Mahanavami Dibba is bedecked with floral carvings.
4) It was the place for the King Krishna Deva Raya to sit and witness the celebrations that took place in the vast compound.
5) Navaratri is a prominent festival that was celebrated at Mahanavami Dibba with a great pomp. After the celebration for nine days, Dushera was celebrated here with a great zest and even today, it remains a major and widely celebrated festival.
Best Time To Visit:-
Mahanavami Dibba is a huge crowd puller in Hampi and is frequented on a huge scale. It can be visited during any time of the year but to make the visit rewarding, one should choose the period between October-March. It is the appropriate season that allows exploring the nearby places as well. Photography is allowed at Mahanavami Dibba.
Tourists have to watch out for the timings of Mahanavami Dibba. This attraction is opened from 6 am-6 pm. No one is allowed to stay on the premises beyond 6 pm. Moreover, there are no food outlets and it is recommended to carry some food along.
Hampi is well-connected with major roads, railheads, and airways. It can be reached from other cities and states by any of these means. To commute within the city, it is recommended that a visitor should hire the service of the local taxis or autos.
Nearest Railway Station:- Hospet Junction
Nearest Airport:- Hubli Airport
Top Things To Do In HampiView All
Best Travel Packages in HampiView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.