Bajnamath Mandir is a famous Hindu temple located in the district of Jabalpur, M.P. It is an ancient Hindu temple that enshrines Lord Bhairav, a fierce and dark-complexioned form of Lord Shiva. According to the Hindu folklore, there are 52 Shakti Peethas all over India and each Shakti Peetha is guarded by a Bhairav. There are several temples of Bhairav and Bajnamath Temple is one amid them. It is a massive crowd puller for the devotees that include the Tantric sect as well.
It Is Known For:-
1) Bajnamath Mandir is a temple dedicated to Lord Bhairav, a fierce form of Lord Shiva that guards Shakti Peethas in India.
2) Bajnamath Temple is a shrine that was built under the auspicious constellation during the reign of the Gond ruler Sangram Shah.
3) Sangram Shah was a great devotee of Lord Bhairav and worshiped here with a great devotion. Due to this, he never lost a battle.
4) This shrine also attracts the Tantric sect and various tantrics can be spotted with ashes smeared on the whole body in a meditating position.
5) The presiding deity of this temple is worshiped with smoke and liquor. Therefore, the sanctum of the temple remains dark during the time of aarti.
6) Mondays are the busiest days of the year at Bajnamath Temple.
Best Time To Visit:-
Bajnamath Temple can be visited during any time of the year as no specific season of the year applies for visiting a pilgrimage site. It witnesses a huge footfall throughout the year.
Bajnamath Temple is located in a bustling area of Jabalpur. A well-established connection of the roadways and railways with a frequent service of the local buses & taxis makes it convenient to reach the place easily.
Nearest Railway Station:- Jabalpur Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Jabalpur Airport
Top Things To Do In JabalpurView All
Best Travel Packages in JabalpurView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.