The Marble Rocks is an intriguing tourist site in the city of Jabalpur. As per its name, this is a gorge that stretches up to 8 km and is not an ordinary one. It is a magnificent gorge that is surrounded by the shimmering white marbles on both sides. The river has carved the marbles and made it an arresting site. They play a key role in boosting the tourism of Jabalpur and attract umpteen visitors extensively.
It Is Known For:-
1) Marble Rocks are known for their glinting charm.
2) Previously, this gorge was narrow enough to allow monkeys to jump from one side to another. This gave it the name of Bandar Kudni.
3) All marbles located on both sides are predominantly rich in magnesium that makes them soft enough to be carved by using a scalpel.
4) Due to the visual appeal, certain scenes of SRK starrer Ashoka was filmed at this site.
5) The activity of boating can be enjoyed here as well.
Best Time To Visit:-
Marble Rocks is a prominent tourist attraction in the city. This place attracts numerous tourists on a daily basis. Therefore, every season is considered as appropriate for paying a visit to this site. However, one should be careful & cautious if visiting during summers. The searing temperatures may ruin the fun.
Since Jabalpur city has a wider connectivity of the roadways and railways, it has become easier to reach the site of Marble Rocks. By hiring the service of the local transit, one can reach the place conveniently.
Nearest Railway Station:- Jabalpur Junction
Nearest Airport:- Jabalpur Airport
Top Things To Do In JabalpurView All
Best Travel Packages in JabalpurView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.