INS-chapel warship museum is a well-known museum in Karwar. It is an intriguing marvel located near Rabindranath Tagore Beach. It is a real-life warship that served in the Indian Navy during the World War II and Indo-Pak war of 1971. Today, it stands as a museum that depicts the lives of sailors and how a ship looks from the inside. The tourists swarm to this place on a huge scale.
It Is Known For:-
1) INS-chapel warship is a ship turned museum in the city of Karwar.
2) This warship played a key role in the victory of India during the Indo-Pak war of 1971 by blocking the sea trade route between India and Pakistan Also, many missiles that were aimed at the town of Karachi were fired from this warship.
3) It is one of India’s only 3 ship museums that narrates the lives of sailors on the ship.
4) Inside the ship, one can see the engine room, deck, captain’s room, mess, dormitory, and the weapon carrier.
5) During the sunset, visitors climb up to the deck to capture the view of the sun melting on the horizon.
Best Time To Visit:-
INS-chapel warship museum is a must-visit destination in Karwar city. This tourist site never fails to attract visitors and can be visited during any time of the year.
The museum remains closed on all national festivals and holidays. Thus, one should prior contact the museum authorities.
A well-established connectivity to the major roads of Karnataka and frequent service of the local transit makes it comfortable for all to commute to and from different places in Karwar. By hiring the service of the local transit, tourists can reach INS-warship museum conveniently.
Nearest Railway Station:- Karwar Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Dabolim Airport
Top Things To Do In KarwarView All
Best Travel Packages in KarwarView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.