A highly revered sacred cave, Jatashankar Temple is a renowned Hindu temple in Pachmarhi, Madhya Pradesh. It is a natural cave and is dedicated to Lord Shiva. This holy cave is located in a ravine and houses the naturally formed Shivalingas. These Shivalingas are formed through stalagmites. Interestingly, it also houses a Shivalinga with the impression of dreadlocks over it and thus, gives this site the name of Jatashankar Temple.
It Is Known For:-
1) Jatashankar Temple is known for the historical relevance as it enshrines various Shivalingas that are formed through stalagmites.
2) It also has a Shivalinga with the impression of dreadlocks over it.
3) This temple got its name ‘Jatashankar’ due to its location in a ravine. The aerial view of this place resembles the wet dreads of Lord Shiva.
4) This ravine in Jatashankar Temple is fed by the waters of Jambu River. Its holy water is used by the devotees for the abhishekam of Shivalingas.
5) Due to the geographical location of this pilgrimage site, it is surrounded by the arresting green vegetation. There are numerous trees around the cave that enhance the visual beauty of the place.
6) There are two springs located nearby where people can spend their leisure time.
Best Time To Visit:-
Jatashankar Temple is a must-see shrine in Madhya Pradesh as it is nature’s tribute to Lord Shiva. This is a place that attracts countless visitors and thus, can be visited throughout the year excluding monsoons.
Pachmarhi has a well-established connection to the roadways and railways. To reach Jatashankar Temple, devotees can hire the service of the local transit for a smoother commute to & from the shrine.
Nearest Railway Station:- Pipariya Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Bhopal Airport
Top Things To Do In PachmarhiView All
Best Travel Packages in PachmarhiView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.