Sangumal Beach is a remarkable tourist attraction in Rameswaram, Tamil Nadu. It is a beach that is situated along the Palk Strait. The famous fishing village of Olaikkuda is located close to this beach. The serenity of this beach and the village located close to it attract tourists and holidaymakers on a large scale.
It Is Known For:-
1) Sangumal Beach is known for its calm ambiance. Visitors, especially the foreign nationals, can be spotted basking in the sun for long hours due to the calmness
2) This beach serves as the breadwinning place for the fishermen of Olaikkadu village. The fishes are caught from the enormous sea and sold in the village market
3) There are small cottages and guest houses for the holidaymakers, especially the honeymoon couples that have arrived to enjoy a romantic holiday
4) Sangumal Beach also serves as the place for witnessing the sunrise and sunset
5) The activity of boating for watching the coral reefs can be relished here as well
Best Time To Visit:-
Sangumal Beach is one of the must-visit destinations in Rameswaram. People are often seen spending a good quality time on the soft-warm sands. This beach can be visited throughout the year keeping in mind with the comfort, especially during summers.
The fishing village of Olaikkadu has a well-established connectivity of the roadways. The local jeeps and buses ply to this village frequently. To reach the beach, one can hire a bullock cart and enjoy a short ride till Sangumal Beach.
Nearest Railway Station- Rameswaram Railway Station
Nearest Airport- Coimbatore Airport
Top Things To Do In RameswaramView All
Best Travel Packages in RameswaramView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.