Sakrebalayu Elephant Camp is a famous travel destination in the Indian state of Karnataka. It is located in the districted of Shimoga and draws numerous visitors, including the foreign nationals. This camp is an eco-tourism place and is surrounded by lush green vegetation. The camp provides shelter to numerous captive elephants and trains them for the assistance of the human kind in different ways.
It Is Known For:-
1) Sakrebalayu Elephant Camp is a major tourist attraction in Shimoga that is known for providing shelter to captive elephants and the ones that have been abandoned by the herd.
2) This elephant camp also serves as an elephant training center. One can witness numerous elephants getting trained by the maven mahouts.
3) A visit to this camp is fun because one gets a chance to interact with the tuskers and watch them indulge in the activities they are trained for.
4) Each visit in early hours of the day promises a bathing session with a herd of elephants that include their calves. Moreover, the visitors are allowed to feed them as well.
5) The food prepared by the elephant attendants can be fed to elephants.
Best Time To Visit:-
Sakrebalayu Elephant Camp is a must-see site in Shimoga district of Karnataka. This place welcomes the visitors throughout the year and thus, one can spot tourists of the foreign nationalities participating in the different activities at this camp.
Sakrebalayu Elephant Camp has a wider connectivity to the roadways and railways. Such connectivity and a frequent service of the local transit allow the visitors to reach the site conveniently.
Nearest Railway Station:- Shimoga Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Mangalore Airport
Top Things To Do In ShimogaView All
Best Travel Packages in ShimogaView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.