Built in 1872, Tokyo National Museum is reckoned as an oldest museum of Japan. It is deemed as a largest art museum in the country. During ones visit to the museum, one can see variety of Asia’s archaeological articles and artworks focusing on Japan. The museum also engages itself in research. It organizes various educational events pertaining to the collection it houses.
The museum straddles inside the Ueno Park in Taito.
What to See in Museum?
National Museum in Tokyo is haven to 110,000 objects. Out of which there are 87 Japanese National Treasure holdings. There are also Important Cultural Property holdings in the museum; 610 in number.
- There are many eateries in the museum. The visitors can take quick bites of delectable snacks while exploring the museum. They can also sit in the restaurants enjoy piping hot delicacies.
- There are many shops in the museum, where visitors can shop and also purchase souvenirs .
- The garden of the museum is known for offering mesmerizing seasonal views.
- Visitors can also spend time exploring outdoor exhibitions of the museum.
Five Exhibition Buildings
- Honkan (Japanese Gallery)
- Toyokan (Asian Gallery)
- Horyu-ji Homotsukan (The Gallery of Horyu-ji Treasures)
Top Things To Do In TokyoView All
Best Travel Packages in TokyoView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.