Tungarli Dam is another famous dam located in Maharashtra. This earthen dam stands on the lake of Tungarli and is blest with the enchanting surroundings. It was built during the British rule in India back in 1930-1935. Due to its scenic location near Rajmachi, it is a delightful spot for spending a day’s itinerary with the loved ones.
It Is Known For:-
1) Tungarli Dam is known among the oldest dams in India.
2) It has a scenic backdrop of the Sahyadri Ranges and by reaching atop, one can witness a mesmerizing panoramic view of the Western Ghats and Lohagad.
3) Due to its quaint location, it has a calm and soulful ambiance that makes it a trekker’s haven. One can succumb to nature and the soulful ambiance of this place without fail.
4) Tourists and visitors are allowed to pitch their tents and spend a night under the millions of stars.
5) There is no shortage of getting the accommodation. There are different hotels and guest houses that can be availed at a reasonable rate during the stay.
Best Time To Visit:-
Tungarli Dam is one of the famous places to visit in Maharashtra. This dam is visited on a huge scale across the year by numerous visitors and trekkers. The period between October-March is regarded as apt for visiting the place.
Tungarli Dam is located near the village with the same name. It has a well-established network of roadways and local buses ply on its route in plentitude. Therefore, reaching this mesmerizing destination is a tough task.
Nearest Railway Station:- Lonavala Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Pune Airport
Top Things To Do In LonavalaView All
Best Travel Packages in LonavalaView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.