Located on the Nashik Road in the suburbs of the Nashik city is an age-old Hindu shrine called the Muktidham temple. There is not just a single shrine in Muktidham but it is a whole temple complex where different temples of different Hindu Gods are situated. A local industrialist of Nashik, Mr. J.D. Chauhan, donated a large amount for the creation of this marble-clad temple complex which houses a number of Hindu deities. Twelve Jyotirlingas, located in the temple complex, are created in the exact measurement and dimensions as the actual 12 jyotirlingas. A temple dedicated to Lord Krishna is also located inside the temple complex which attracts hundreds of Krishna devotees towards it. The unique marble architecture and the craftsmanship of the artisans are reflected in the intricate wall carvings and the 18 chapters of holy Geeta carved on the walls. Moreover, idols of other Hindu deities like Lakshmi, Ganesha, Durga, Hanuman, Seeta, Rama, and Vishnu are also present in this temple complex.
It Is Known For:-
1) The 12 jyotirlingas that are built inside the temple complex and are an exact replica of the original holy jyotirlingas in India..
2) The intricate carving of the 18 chapters of Holy Geeta ion the walls of the temple complex.
3) Idols of other Hindu Gods and Goddess like Lord Krishna, Lord Rama, Goddess Durga etc., that are situated inside the white-marble complex.
4) The beautiful paintings on the walls, especially those on the walls of Lord Krishna temple inside the complex.
5) A visit to this temple complex, according to the Hindu legends, is equivalent to ‘chaar dhaam yatra’ and a person gets mukti or moksha or salvation after death after paying a visit to the Muktidham.
Best Time To Visit:-
While every day is an auspicious day to visit Muktidham, however, visiting this complex during the Hindu festivals is even better. The annual SaryuMahotsava Festival celebrated in the month of December is also a great occasion to visit the temple and enjoy the grandeur of this complex.
Located 8kms away from the Nashik bus stop, this temple can be easily reached by the local road transports like autos, cabs, taxis etc.
Nearest Airport:- Ozar Airport
Nearest Railway Station:- Nashik Road Railway Station
Top Things To Do In NashikView All
Best Travel Packages in NashikView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.