Which place can be the best one for knowing about the ancient history of the earliest currency that was used in the then times. This museum is a 125-year-old building and houses a vast collection of the coins that were used during the Mughal India, British India, and the coins that were discovered during the excavations. The coin museum of Udupi is an amazing place for the ones that have a special taste in the ancient history.
It Is Known For:-
1) The coin museum in Udupi houses an exotic collection of coins
2) The building itself is an ancient structure and is 125-years-old
3) One can see the amazing coins that are presented in the galleries here. There are the coins from the pre-modern era and the modern era that are displayed in the gallery
4) Not only the Indian currency, there are coins of the different foreign lands exhibited here. A rough estimation says that there are more than 1300 coins in this museum
5) In order to enhance the collection, the coin collectors are free to donate their personal collection to this museum and assisting it to improve it further
6) The banking history of India is also showcased here in a beautiful manner
Best Time To Visit:-
Coin Museum in Udupi is a huge crowd puller and never fails to attract the visitors on an extensive scale. This museum is an enchanting place for the ancient coin lovers and welcomes the guests throughout the year. The entry to this museum is free for the people of all age groups.
The Coin Museum in Udupi is run by the government and thus, remains closed on all the national holidays and festivals. A prior confirmation before visiting the place is a wise choice.
Due to the infrastructural development of roads, railways, and airports, reaching Udupi is no more a tough task. Frequent flights and service of trains are available from all major cities of Karnataka and other nearby states. Commuting within the city can be done best by hiring the service of the local transit like the buses, taxis, and autos.
Nearest Railway Station - Udupi Railway Station
Nearest Airport - Mangalore Airport
Top Things To Do In UdupiView All
Best Travel Packages in UdupiView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.