Indrani Panchdurga Parmeshwari Temple is a well-known Hindu temple that lies in the city of Udupi. This temple enshrines Goddess Durga and stands on a small hill. It is a beautifully built temple and is said to be built in the eleventh century and was renovated last in the year 1993 as per the records. The deity of the temple is depicted through five Shivalingas and is worshiped by pilgrims that visit to the site on a huge scale.
It Is Known For:-
1) Indrani Panchdurga Parmeshwari Temple holds a great significance among the enthusiastic devotees and followers of Goddess Durga. This temple is counted as one of the eight Shakti Peethas in Karnataka
2) It stands in the Hindu style of architecture and is a major crowd puller in the city
3) It is visited on a huge scale by the locals and visitors on a huge scale, especially on the occasion of Navaratri
4) Apart from its religious significance, the shrine is also known as a popular trekking spot due to the scenic surroundings. Since it is located on a hillock, it is marked as the favorite trekking site
5) The pulchritude of the temple and it’s circumjacent never disappoints the pilgrims
Best Time To Visit:-
Indrani Panchdurga Parmeshwari Temple is a prominent landmark in Udupi and catches the attention of the pilgrims extensively. This temple is visited by umpteen devotees on all days throughout the year. However, to make the visit rewarding, one can embark a trip to the shrine on Navaratri. It is the time when the entire shrine is bedecked exquisitely.
Visitors should avoid visiting this temple during the searing summers. The high temperatures make it difficult for spending a good quality time at this holy place.
Udupi city is well-connected all major highways, airports, and railheads in Karnataka. Such connectivity makes it convenient for tourist to reach the city easily. Commuting within the city can be done by hiring the service of the local transit like bus, taxi, or auto that is available on a frequent basis.
Nearest Railway Station - Udupi Railway Station
Nearest Airport - Mangalore Airport
Top Things To Do In UdupiView All
Best Travel Packages in UdupiView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.