The holy chants and the praises of Lord Krishna are all that can be heard at this sacred temple. Sanwariaji is a famous Hindu shrine that enshrines Lord Krishna. According to a legend, a milkman dreamt of three beautiful idols being buried in Chapar village. After insisting his friends, the exact place was dug and the idols were discovered that were similar as the milkman saw in this dreams. Today, a beautiful temple of Sanwariaji stands at that place and is visited by numerous devotees.
It Is Known For:-
1) Sanwariaji Temple is known for its divine aura. Anyone who visits this temple gets tranquilized by the divinity present in its atmosphere
2) Its rich interiors catch the sight immediately and leave the onlookers spellbound
3) The sanctum of the temple houses an exquisite idol of Lord Krishna embellished with the clothes spun with the finest quality yarn
4) The statue is also decorated with the jewelry, especially gold crown and flute
5) The festival of Janmashtami is celebrated here enthusiastically
Best Time To Visit:-
Sanwariaji Temple is a renowned shrine that draws a large number of tourists and devotees from different parts of the state. Although it can be visited throughout the year, there are certain occasions like Janmashtami, Vaikuntha Ekadashi, and Govardhan Pooja etc. when people visit this temple extensively.
Sanwariaji Temple is a famous Hindu shrine and has a well-established connectivity of the roadways and railways. It allows people to reach the shrine comfortably. The local buses and privately hired vehicles are considered as the apt choice for commuting to and from the temple.
Nearest Railway Station- Chittorgarh Railway Station
Nearest Airport- Udaipur Airport
Top Things To Do In ChittorgarhView All
Best Travel Packages in ChittorgarhView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.