Literally translating into ‘Big Garden’, Bada Bagh is a vast complex in Jaisalmer. This garden cum mausoleum is located between Jaisalmer and Lodhruva. Bada Bagh is a well-known tourist site that was built by Maharaja Jai Singh II. It served various purposes due to its design. At the same time, it served as a royal garden, water dam, and place for constructing the cenotaphs. Today, it is one among the must-visit tourist destination in Jaisalmer.
It Is Known For:-
1) Bada Bagh is an architectural masterpiece of the foregone times. It houses some astounding sculptures and other structures that catch the sight immediately.
2) It houses the marvels like the Govardhan Stambha and the other cenotaphs that were erected in the memory of the royal family members.
3) It has an unfinished cenotaph as well that attracts the attention equally like the others.
4) The tank that was constructed was utilized for a prolonged period of time but dried as the times advanced.
5) The garden located here is truly enchanting and is a great place for spending a good quality time
Best Time To Visit:-
Bada Bagh welcomes the people of all age groups throughout the year. There is no specific season or time for paying a visit to this place and admiring the beauty of the structures constructed. For relishing some fun, people can choose to visit Bada Bagh during monsoons that will uplift the mood immediately.
Due to its location, it is well-connected with rest of Jaisalmer and other parts of Rajasthan. The local transit like the buses and taxis are available in plenty for commuting to and from Bada Bagh.
Nearest Railway Station:- Jaisalmer Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Jodhpur Airport
|Timing||:||All days of the week 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Entry Fee||:||Rs 20- Rs 50 per person for indian. Rs 50- Rs 100 per person for foreign tourists|
|Camera Fee||:||Rs 100 per still camera|
Top Things To Do In JaisalmerView All
Best Travel Packages in JaisalmerView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.