Located on the outskirts of Jaisalmer in the deserted region, Khaba Fort is a famous tourist attraction. It is popularly known as the 'Lone Fort of Jaisalmer' due to its location in an isolated region. This fort is an impressive landmark narrating the tales of the bygone times silently. Visiting this fort is not less than an adventure.
It Is Known For:-
1) Khaba Fort is a part of the haunted village of Kuldhara. It is an amazing place to be visited with a bunch of mates.
2) It is an architectural marvel in a semi-ruined position. It was built in the early 13th century and overlooked the entire village of Kuldhara. In the early 18th century, the fort faced its ill-fate along with the village.
3) Overnight, the families of the Paliwal Brahmins fled from the village and none has an idea till date where the families vanished overnight.
4) The royal family has no option but to leave the fort forever and since ages, Khaba Fort remains in the semi-ruined position.
5) The fort still has the charm of attracting the visitors and the local herders can also be spotted here with their cattle.
Best Time To Visit:-
Khaba Fort is a prominent tourist attraction in Jaisalmer and is popular for its eerie ambiance. Since there is no special event or occasion for visiting this site, it can be visited during any season of the year. If tourists are planning a trip during summers, it is recommended to carry water, sunscreen, and eyewear to protect from the harsh sun.
Khaba Fort lies on the outskirts of Jaisalmer. To reach this place, one can hire the service of the local buses that frequently pass through the nearest road connecting it with the highway.
Nearest Railway Station:- Jaisalmer Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Jodhpur Airport
Top Things To Do In JaisalmerView All
Best Travel Packages in JaisalmerView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.