Tazia Tower is a beautiful and a frequently visited travel attraction in Jaisalmer. It lies in the vicinity of Badal Palace that used to be the residence of the royal family in the bygone times. It was built as a gift to the king of Jaisalmer by the Muslim architects and their workers. This tower is located near the roof of the palace and is visible from a distance.
It Is Known For:-
1) Tazia Tower is an example of the amalgam of the Rajasthani and Islamic styles of architecture. It was constructed in 1886 AD.
2) The royal guards used to keep an eye on the fort vicinity and nearby village from this place.
3) The tower has five storeys and each storey boasts the serpentine carvings different from each other.
4) Its intricate carvings tell about the skillful craftsmanship of the bygone era.
5) Presently, Tazia Tower is a great attraction where people get themselves clicked. It is a favorite point for a pre-wedding photoshoot.
Best Time To Visit:-
People visit Jaisalmer on a huge scale. Tazia Tower is one among those places that are not missed by the visitors and thus, it witnesses a vast crowd of visitors on a daily basis. The locals and tourists are attracted to this place alike throughout the year.
Due to a wider connectivity of the roadways, Tazia Tower can be reached without any chaos. The local transit is the perfect option for visiting this place and admiring the beauty.
Nearest Railway Station:- Jaisalmer Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Jodhpur Airport
Top Things To Do In JaisalmerView All
Best Travel Packages in JaisalmerView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.