Intangki Wildlife Sanctuary, also spelled as Intanki Wildlife Sanctuary is a famous travel attraction in Nagaland. This mesmerizing habitat of the wild beasts is located 37 km from the main town of Dimapur. Blessed with tantalizing surroundings, Intanki Wildlife Sanctuary is frequently visited by tourists and locals alike. Spending a day’s itinerary at this place is enough to closely observe the life in the wild.
It Is Known For:-
1) Intanki Wildlife Sanctuary is a beautiful tourist attraction that is blessed with enchanting surroundings.
2) It is spread over 202 sq. km. of land in an enclosed boundary.
3) This wildlife sanctuary is a home to a variety of mammalian species that include the names like the elephant, bear, mongoose, flying squirrel, sloth bear, wild dog, tiger, monkey, and much more.
4) It also provides a shelter to the birds like the Indian cuckoo, parrot, mynah, budgerigar, hawk, owl etc.
5) Reptiles like the gharial, crocodile, python, and lizards are also found at Intanki Wildlife Sanctuary.
Best Time To Visit:-
Intanki Wildlife Sanctuary welcomes its visitors throughout the year. The visitors can visit this place during any season of the year. However, it should be kept in mind that one should carry the water bottle when visiting Intanki Sanctuary during summers.
The entry to this sanctuary is paid for all tourists. There are separate charges for videography and safari.
Intanki Wildlife Sanctuary is connected via highway to Dimapur. Thus, the service of the local transit is available on a frequent basis for commuting to and from the sanctuary safely.
Nearest Railway Station:- Dimapur Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Dimapur Airport
Top Things To Do In KohimaView All
Best Travel Packages in KohimaView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.