Shilloi Lake is an appealing tourist site in the district of Phek, Nagaland. It is located near the village of Lutsam and is surrounded by the hillocks of Patkai that enhance the beauty of this place. It is the largest natural lake in the entire Nagaland and is said to be holy. According to a legend, this lake is the abode of the Queen of the Lake who took birth in a human form but went back to the lake before the age of one. Thus, no one is allowed to catch fishes in this lake.
It Is Known For:-
1) Shilloi Lake is the largest lake in Nagaland.
2) It is considered as a holy lake by the locals as the spirit of the Queen of the Lake resides in its waters.
3) The aerial view of this lake makes it appear like a human footprint.
4) Due to its captivating surroundings, locals and visitors arrive at this place on a huge scale and some good quality time away from the pollution of cities.
5) The locals believe that the Queen of the Lake still rests in the lake and till date, no one has drowned in this lake.
Best Time To Visit:-
Shilloi Lake is a famous tourist site and is visited extensively by the visitors. Due to its fame, it welcomes the visitors throughout the year. Any season of the year is apt for paying a visit to Shilloi Lake.
The district of Phek is well-connected via roadways and railheads. To reach the site of Shilloi Lake, the local buses and taxis are available in plentitude. One can de-board at Lutsam village and relish a short from there till the lake.
Nearest Railway Station:- Dimapur Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Dimapur Airport
Top Things To Do In KohimaView All
Best Travel Packages in KohimaView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.