Kohima War Cemetery is a famous name in the list of the tourist attractions in Nagaland. This cemetery is the resting place of all those soldiers who were martyred during the Second World War. It houses the graves of the soldiers that belong to Indian armed forces as well as the ones from the UK, Australia, and Canada. It is visited to know about the history of India’s role in the World War II.
It Is Known For:-
1) Kohima War Cemetery was built in the year 1944 and is one among the cemeteries that were constructed during British India.
2) It is the final resting place of 1,420 soldiers from Australia, Canada, and the UK. All the martyrs were laid to rest with full respect.
3) The Hindu & Sikh martyrs were cremated according to the customs of their faith and a tombstone in their name was established at this cemetery as a remembrance.
4) Kohima War Cemetery is located in peaceful surroundings and has a well-manicured garden.
5) Each year on the anniversary of the battle of Kohima, hundreds of people gather at this place and pay their respects to the soldiers.
Best Time To Visit:-
There is no specific time for visiting this war cemetery in Kohima. It welcomes the visitors on a daily basis. Thus, any season of the year is considered as appropriate for visiting this cemetery.
Kohima War Cemetery has a well-established network of the roadways and railways. Such connectivity allows the visitors to reach this place smoothly. The local buses and taxis are the best option for commuting to & from this war cemetery.
Nearest Railway Station:- Dimapur Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Dimapur Airport
Top Things To Do In KohimaView All
Best Travel Packages in KohimaView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.