Kohima Zoo, also known as Kohima Zoological Park, is a great point of interest in the district of Kohima, Nagaland. It is an appropriate place for all to spend some good quality time with the other creatures that reside here. Being a famous tourist destination, Kohima Zoo never disappoints its visitors, especially the kids. One can spend a couple of hours and observe the animals at Kohima Zoo.
It Is Known For:-
1) Kohima Zoo is a famous tourist site that attracts millions of tourists across the year.
2) It is spread over vast acres of land and has green surroundings.
3) Interestingly, no animal at this zoo is caged. They roam freely in the area designed for them.
4) People can witness the animals like the golden langur, wild buffalo, rabbit etc. It is also the home to Tragopan, the state bird of Nagaland.
5) Visitors can enjoy the activities like camping, trekking, and bird watching at Kohima Zoological Park.
6) There’s a special section of Kohima Zoo that is designed for the kids. A small eatery is also located at this section and serves hygienic food.
Best Time To Visit:-
Kohima Zoo is a prominent tourist site in Nagaland. Across the year, it is visited by the locals and tourists alike. Excluding the scorching summers and extreme winters, one can pay a visit to Kohima Zoo at any point of time. During extreme winters, no one is allowed to enjoy camping at night.
The entry to the zoo is paid and all the adventure activities are chargeable. There is a special discount for the retired army personnel and school students carrying the identity cards.
Kohima Zoo has a well-established network of roadways and railways. The service of the local transit is also available at regular intervals for commuting to & from the zoo.
Nearest Railway Station:- Dimapur Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Dimapur Airport
Top Things To Do In KohimaView All
Best Travel Packages in KohimaView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.