A remarkable landmark in the town of Mussoorie, Christ Church is a famous tourist attraction that draws a large number of visitors. Each day, various people pay a visit to this church in Mussoorie. It is one of the oldest existing churches in the Himalayan belt that were built during the times of the British.
It Is Known For:-
1) Christ Church stands one among the oldest existing churches in India that were built during the British rule
2) This church is a beautiful representation of the Gothic style of architecture and was frequently visited by the British officials
3) The windows of this church are adorned with the frescoes that depict the scenes from the Holy Bible
4) The interiors of the Christ Church house an amazing idol of Jesus on the cross
5) The festivals like the Good Friday, Easter, Christmas, and various other feasts of the Christian saints are celebrated here with a great joy
Best Time To Visit:-
Christ Church is a major landmark in the town as it stands at the Mall Road. It witnesses a large number of tourists on a daily basis. It can be visited throughout the year but, the best time for spinning some memorable moments here is during November-February. It is the time when tourists can witness the snowfall and be a part of the Christmas celebrations.
Mass prayers are organized on every Sunday each month that sees a huge gathering. It can also be attended.
Christ Church is located on the Mall Road that is well-connected with the rest of the parts of Mussoorie. The local transit is available that provides its services for reaching Christ Church without hassle.
Nearest Railway Station- Dehradun Railway Station
Nearest Airport- Jolly Grant Airport
Top Things To Do In MussoorieView All
Best Travel Packages in MussoorieView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.