Chandanwari is a captivating tourist site in Sonamarg that lies 30 km from Pahalgam. This tourist site is thronged on a huge scale by umpteen visitors. The whole region of Chandanwari is bordered by the mesmerizing Himalayan flora and is beckoned by the murky snow-white peaks. Apart from being a tourist-site, this place is the base camp from where the holy journey to the Cave of Amarnath begins.
It Is Known For:-
1) Chandanwari is known for its natural pulchritude. It is blest with the beauty of nature in profusion.
2) Beckoned by the Himalayan peaks, it is a perfect destination for the ones that love Mother Nature and want to spend some time in her laps.
3) The three-day trek of the holy journey of Amarnath Cave commences from this place.
4) The trekking path of Chandanwari isn’t hard and can be relished by everybody.
5) During winters, the beauty of this place pleases the eyes as the whole place gets covered with the shimmering snow.
Best Time To Visit:-
Chandanwari is visited on a huge scale throughout the year. This place is often visited by the trekkers and the pilgrims, especially when the holy journey to the Cave of Amarnath is made. Appropriate arrangements are made by the shrine board and the CRPF soldiers are active in ensuring the safety.
Chandanwari is nature’s bounty and numerous efforts are being made to retain its natural beauty. Thus, visitors are recommended not to dump garbage in the valley or in the nearby streams. Also, carrying the extra woolens will protect from the cold weather.
Pahalgam is the nearest township and is well-connected to all major highways, railways, and airways. It can be reached easily via any three means listed above. Commuting within Pahalgam is done via local buses, taxis, and horse-carts.
Nearest Railway Station:- Jammu Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Srinagar Airport
Top Things To Do In PahalgamView All
Best Travel Packages in PahalgamView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.