Located on the path of the Holy Cave of Amarnath, Sheshnag Lake is a mesmerizing lake in Kashmir. It is located in the district of Anantnag and is considered as holy by numerous devotees of Lord Shiva. According to mythology, this lake was dug by Sheshnag himself. It is said that he still resides in the lake and keeps an eye on the entire region of Pahalgam from his several heads.
It Is Known For:-
1) Sheshnag Lake is a sacred lake in Pahalgam and holds a great religious importance for Hindus.
2) The lake is beckoned by the enchanting meadows that are bedecked by the snow on the peaks.
3) This lake is fed by the waters of the glacial lake, Lidder Lake.
4) During extreme winters, the waters of this lake freeze and melts when the temperatures rise.
5) The brown trout fishes are found in abundance in the lower areas where Sheshnag lake flows through.
Best Time To Visit:-
Sheshnag Lake catches the attention of visitors extensively. This lake is a place that can be visited the best in the summers because during winters, the water of this lake freeze and make it inaccessible. Thus, the period between April-September is the best for visiting Sheshnag Lake.
Sheshnag Lake is a holy lake and is regarded as the abode of Sheshnag. Therefore, no visitor is allowed to dump any kind of garbage in this pious lake. Tourists love to take a holy dip here, so carrying
Pahalgam is well-connected to Kashmir via highways, railheads, and airways. Visitors can choose any mode for reaching the place conveniently. Traveling within Pahalgam is done by the local buses, taxis, and horse-carts.
Nearest Railway Station:- Jammu Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Srinagar Airport
Top Things To Do In PahalgamView All
Best Travel Packages in PahalgamView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.