Kanakeshwar Devasthan Temple needs no formal introduction. It is a famous temple of Lord Shiva, the slayer of the ghouls and stands on a hilltop located 12 km from Alibag. This Hindu shrine was built in the 16th century under the reign of the Hoysala dynasty. The striking features of the temple immediately enthrall the sight and make it a popular tourist attraction in Alibag.
It Is Known For:-
1) Kanakeshwar Devasthan Temple is a major tourist attraction due to its captivating architecture. It is a fine example of the Hoysala style of architecture.
2) On both sides of the temple gates, 2 sculptures of lions have been installed.
3) The interiors are well-carved and carry the images of other Hindu religious figurines like Goddess Bhagwati, forms of Goddess Durga, Lord Hanuman, Lord Krishna etc.
4) The sanctum of this temple enshrines a four feet tall Shivalinga. It is carved out of the black marble.
5) It is worshiped by the locals and tourists that arrive at Kanakeshwar.
6) The festival of Maha Shivaratri, Diwali, and Holi are celebrated here enthusiastically.
Best Time To Visit:-
Being a holy Hindu shrine, Kanakeshwar Devasthan Temple is visited by numerous devotees on a huge scale. In each season, hundreds of devotees visit this place and offer their prayers to Lord Shiva. To witness the true colors of the celebrations, one can pay a visit to this temple on the occasion of Mahashivaratri, Holi, and Diwali.
Kanakeshwar Devasthan Temple has a wider connectivity of all major roads and railheads in the city. The local transit is frequently available for a smooth commute within the city.
Nearest Railway Station:- Panvel Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Mumbai Airport
Top Things To Do In AlibagView All
Best Travel Packages in AlibagView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.