The temples of Chittorgarh play a key role in attracting tourists from different states. Kumbha Shyam Temple is one among them. This Hindu temple is named after the king Rana Kumbha and is dedicated to Shri Varaha Vishnu, the man-boar form of Lord Vishnu. This temple also served as the place where Shri Krishna's ardent devotee Meera Bai used to sing bhajans in praise of her Lord. At present, this temple is a prominent attraction and lures tourists on a huge scale.
It Is Known For:-
1) Kumbha Shyam Temple is known for its Indo-Aryan style of architecture
2) The rich interiors of the temple include the beautifully carved sculptures of the Hindu religious figurines. It depicts the inclination of Rana Kumbha towards art
3) The sanctum of the temple houses an idol of Lord Vishnu in Varaha avatar (man-boar manifestation)
4) A smaller section of this temple was rebuilt in the memory of Meera Bai. Her idol was placed inside that section
5) Janmashtami is a major festival that is celebrated here with a great avidity
Best Time To Visit:-
Kumbha Shyam Temple never fails to attract visitors on a large scale. Though it is visited throughout the year, visiting it on the occasion of Vaikuntha Ekadashi and Janmashtami is regarded as the best time. The entire temple premises are decorated beautifully with flowers and lights.
Kumbha Shyam Temple has a wider connectivity of the roadways and railways. Due to such connectivity, it has become feasible for the tourists to reach the temple easily. The local buses and taxis are the best mode for commuting to and from the temple.
Nearest Railway Station- Chittorgarh Railway Station
Nearest Airport- Maharana Pratap Airport
Top Things To Do In ChittorgarhView All
Best Travel Packages in ChittorgarhView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.