St. Antony's Church is an eminent church in Coimbatore. This church belongs to the Diocese of Coimbatore and came into the existence in the year 1820. It used to be a small chapel that was rebuilt by Father De Geils in the year 1859. At present, it is built in the English-Gothic style of architecture. St. Antony's Church welcomes the people of all faiths without any discrimination.
It Is Known For:-
1) St. Antony's Church is dedicated to St. Antony, a renowned disciple of Jesus Christ
2) The architecture of the church also attracts the visitors. The rooftop houses a huge bell that rings as a call for the mass prayer
3) The walls and windows of the church represent the psalms from the Holy Bible
4) On 13th June, the feast of St. Antony is observed in this church
5) Festivals like Christmas, Easter, and Good Friday are also celebrated in St. Antony's Church
Best Time To Visit:-
St. Antony's Church is a remarkable site in Coimbatore. It is visited by the people on a large scale on a daily basis. The footfall increases on the events like the Feast of St. Antony and other Christian festivals mentioned above. Thus, the festive season is the right time for visiting St. Antony's Church.
Due to a well-connectivity through the roadways and railways, it has become easier for the people to reach St. Antony's Church. The local buses are the best option for reaching this place.
Nearest Railway Station- Ramanathapuram Railway Station
Nearest Airport- Coimbatore Airport
Top Things To Do In CoimbatoreView All
Best Travel Packages in CoimbatoreView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.