Triveni Museum is a must-see tourist attraction in the city of Ujjain. It is a newly-constructed museum that exhibits various artifacts that were discovered during the excavations. There are several artifacts that date back to the period between 6th-9th centuries and a majority of them belongs to the Hindu religious figurines like Lord Shiva & Lord Vishnu. On the basis of the artifacts discovered, this museum has established three galleries namely Shaiva, Vaishnava, and Shakti. Spending a couple of hours at this place is not a bad deal.
It Is Known For:-
1) Triveni Museum is a great place to visit for the tourists that have special taste in history.
2) It exhibits the stone sculptures, coins, miniature paintings, and much more under the same roof.
3) The Shaiva gallery comprises all the artifacts that are related to Lord Shiva. The artwork of the medieval period and other paintings that were discovered are displayed in this gallery.
4) Various forms of Lord Shiva like Bhairav, Nataraja, Uma Maheshwar, Tripurantak are some names that can be mentioned.
5) The Vaishnava gallery displays the various art-styles depicting Lord Vishnu in the different art forms. His different forms can be seen in the stone sculptures that were discovered during the excavation.
6) Harihara, Vishwaroop, Hayagriva, Narasimha etc. are some must-see sculptures in Vaishnava Gallery of Triveni Museum.
Best Time To Visit:-
Triveni Museum is a major tourist attraction in the city. Its enormous collection of the ancient artifacts leaves no chance to impress the visitors. It is a place that can be visited during any time of the year.
The entry to this museum is free for all visitors. Photography and videography are chargeable as well.
Triveni Museum is has a well-established connection with the roadways and railways. The local transit like the bus, taxi, and auto is the apt option for commuting to & from the museum.
Nearest Railway Station:- Ujjain Junction
Nearest Airport:- Ujjain Domestic Airport
Top Things To Do In UjjainView All
Best Travel Packages in UjjainView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.