Submarine Museum is one of the key attractions located in Visakhapatnam. It is located on Ramakrishna Beach that is another destination for tourists. This museum is nothing else but a submarine that was commissioned in the Indian Navy and served for 31 years. People from distant places arrive at RK Beach to see this amazing submarine turned museum.
It Is Known For:-
1) The Submarine Museum is Asia's first and world's second submarine turned museum
2) The submarine that stands on the beach was active and served in the Indian Navy for 31 years. It was named INS Kursura and was manufactured in Russia
3) INS Kursura receives the 'Dressing Ship' honor from the Indian Navy despite being decommissioned. This honor is given only to the submarines that are active in the present-day scenario
4) Visitors are allowed to enter the submarine and witness the amazing chambers including the deck and the engine room
5) One can also gain knowledge about the functions of the submarine during the wartime and the hardships faced by the sailors as well
Best Time To Visit:-
The Submarine Museum is a place that can be visited at any time, keeping in mind with the time slot. This museum remains open on all days excluding the national holidays and festivals. One has to confirm about paying the fee prior the entry.
The Submarine Museum is a major landmark and is visited by a vast number of visitors. A well-established network of roadways makes it easier for the visitors to reach the place. It can be reached easily by the local buses, taxis, auto rickshaws etc.
Nearest Railway Station- Visakhapatnam Railway Station
Nearest Airport- Visakhapatnam International Airport
Top Things To Do In VisakhapatnamView All
Best Travel Packages in VisakhapatnamView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.