Erected in the 12th century, Marudamalai Temple is a Hindu temple in Coimbatore. It is located in the extended Western Ghats and enshrines Lord Kartikeya. This temple is constructed in the Dravidian style of architecture that narrates the skills of the laborers in the foregone times. Just like other Kartikeya or Murugan temples, this shrine is also built on a hillock and is one among the seven abodes of Murugan on the planet Earth.
It Is Known For:-
1) Marudamalai Temple is known for its beautiful backdrop of the Western Ghats
2) The temple stands in the Dravidian architecture and has alluring carvings done on the interior and exterior walls
3) The sanctum sanctorum of this temple has an enchanting idol of Lord Murugan seated on his peacock
4) The festivals like Murugan Jayanti, Thai Poosam, Brahmotsavan etc. are celebrated here with a great enthusiasm
5) It is also said that childless couples are blessed with a child after praying in front of Lord Murugan
Best Time To Visit:-
Marudamalai Temple attracts a huge number of visitors. It is visited by devotees throughout the year. The best time for paying a visit to Marudamalai Temple is on the occasion of Thai Poosam, Murugan Jayanti, Brahmotsavam, and all the other festivals that are celebrated here.
Marudamalai Temple is a well-known Hindu shrine in Coimbatore. It is visited on a huge scale by countless visitors. For reaching the temple, the best means of transport is by hiring a car for rental purpose. It makes the journey comfortable and safe.
Nearest Railway Station- Coimbatore Railway Station
Nearest Airport- Coimbatore Airport
Top Things To Do In CoimbatoreView All
Best Travel Packages in CoimbatoreView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.