Vellingiri Hill Temple is one of the major tourist attractions in Coimbatore. It is a Hindu shrine dedicated to Lord Shiva that stands at an altitude of 6000 feet above the sea level. It has a great religious significance among the visitors. This temple attracts the visitors, as well as devotees, on a large scale.
It Is Known For:-
1) Vellingiri Shiva Temple is a shrine that is counted among the temples with a higher elevation in South India
2) It is surrounded by the beautiful hills on all sides that make its ambiance soul soothing
3) It is also said that the Lord performed the cosmic dance at this location.
4) On this hill, rare herbs can be found that have medicinal qualities
5) Since this pilgrimage site is visited on a large scale, it is also known as Amarnath of Coimbatore
6) Apart from a pilgrimage site, its nearby location serves as a picture perfect spot for trekking and camping
Best Time To Visit:-
Vellingiri Shiva Temple is a pilgrimage site and it draws countless devotees throughout the year. Thus, it can be visited during any time of the year. But, the best time to visit this holy shrine is between February and May. It is the time for the celebration of ann daanam during Maha Shivaratri.
Vellingiri Shiva Temple is visited on a huge scale throughout the year. The local buses and taxis ply to its route in plenty. Due to its location in the hilly region, it can be accessed by a short trek after de-boarding the bus or taxi.
Nearest Railway Station- Coimbatore Station
Nearest Airport- Coimbatore Airport
Top Things To Do In CoimbatoreView All
Best Travel Packages in CoimbatoreView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.