Shiva Temple of Dimapur is a miraculous Hindu temple. It is one of those shrines where Lord Shiva is worshiped in a self-manifested form. This temple has an interesting tale behind its construction and is one of the frequented tourist sites in Dimapur. The locals, as well as tourists, visit this Shiva Temple alike.
It Is Known For:-
1) Dimapur Shiva Temple is a miraculous temple. The Shivalinga installed in this shrine was discovered in the woods of Rangapahar.
2) The stone was covered with leaves and dust when a local passerby decided to sharpen his machete. While sharpening the tool, he observed some liquid flowing from the stone.
3) Later that night, he dreamt that the stone is nothing else than a Shivalinga that transformed into Lord Shiva. He ordered him to build a small temple of his at the place where the Shivalinga is located.
4) The whole incident was narrated to the fellow villagers and a temple was built in the year 1961.
5) It is visited by the devotees on a daily basis and the festival of Maha Shivaratri is celebrated here with a great pomp.
Best Time To Visit:-
Being a temple in a rural area, it is visited by the locals and the tourists on a large scale. Mondays are the busy days and special prayers are carried by devotees. However, the best time is considered on the occasion of Maha Shivaratri. The temple is wonderfully decorated and is thronged by devotees throughout the day.
Dimapur Shiva Temple is located in a rural region and a well-connectivity of the roads. It can be easily reached by hiring the service of the local transit like the bus or taxi.
Nearest Railway Station:- Dimapur Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Dimapur Airport
Top Things To Do In DimapurView All
Best Travel Packages in DimapurView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.