Standing in the heart of the city of Dimapur, Ao Baptist Church is a pilgrimage site in Nagaland. It is a massive structure that reflects the English style of architecture. It was built in the late-eighteenth century and has baptized 15,000 people. Due to the baptizing so many Christians, it has become the largest Baptist church in India. It is visited by the devotees and tourists on a large scale.
It Is Known For:-
1) Ao Baptist Church is the largest Baptist church in India. It has baptized 15,000 people till date.
2) It is built in the ancient English style of architecture and is the only existing church in Dimapur that stands in this style.
3) It has beautiful interiors that contain the Biblical verses and psalms.
4) The frescoes narrate the incidents from the life of Christ.
5) At the altar, a beautiful idol of Christ on the cross is installed that is worshiped on a daily basis. The idol of Mother Mary carrying the infant Jesus is also installed nearby.
6) Christmas, Easter, Good Friday, The Feast of Our Lady etc. are some major festivals celebrated here. Everyone participates with a great enthusiasm.
Best Time To Visit:-
Ao Baptist Church is a religious site in Dimapur. It is visited by the tourists and locals alike. Throughout the year, it is visited by the followers of Christianity but, the footfall increases on the occasion of Christmas, Good Friday, Easter, and The Feast of Our Lady.
Ao Baptist Church Dimapur is located in a bustling area of the city. It is well-connected via all major roads and railheads. Numerous buses and taxis are available for commuting to & from this church conveniently.
Nearest Railway Station:- Dimapur Railway Station
Nearest Airport:- Dimapur Airport
Top Things To Do In DimapurView All
Best Travel Packages in DimapurView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.