Siddhagiri Gramjivan Museum aka Kaneri Math is spectacular and a must-see tourist spot in the city of Kolhapur in Maharashtra. It is a museum that showcases the village life led by villagers in a realistic manner. There are various sculptures and galleries that attract the visitors and educate them about the rural lifestyle and its developments. This museum is located near a sacred Shiva Temple known by the name of Moola-Kaadsiddheswar.
It Is Known For:-
1) Siddhagiri Gramjivan Museum is a place that reflects the rural lifestyle.
2) It has the structures and sculptures that are inspired by the real-life village scenes.
3) The exhibits in this museum are the livelihood of villagers like agricultural practice, local cops, the temple priest, cow herder, shopkeeper, grocer, tailor, school teacher etc.
4) The other scenes like people shopping, woman knitting sweater, villagers participating in the prayers and celebrating festivals together etc.
5) A nearby Shiva temple is also a prime attraction and is visited by the local and tourists alike. Maha Shivaratri is a major festival celebrated here.
Best Time To Visit:-
Siddhagiri Gramjivan Museum is visited by the visitors on a huge scale. It welcomes the guests throughout the year, excluding the national holidays. All seasons are apt for paying a casual visit to this place. The entry to this museum is paid for all. Photography is also chargeable in this museum.
The nearby shrine of Lord Shiva is also visited on a huge scale by devotees. The footfall increases on the occasion of Maha Shivaratri.
Due to a well-established network of the roadways and railways, Siddhagiri Gramjivan Museum can be visited easily. The local transit like the bus and taxi are available in plentitude for reaching this site conveniently.
Nearest Railway Station:- Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Museum
Nearest Airport:- Kolhapur Airport
Top Things To Do In KolhapurView All
Best Travel Packages in KolhapurView More Packages
Add Your Travel Story
your email address will not be published. Required field are marked *
Comments will go through a verification process for security reasons.